This neighborhood is called Sunk Haze, and the road is Common Road. The ambitious house with ell, seen on the left, still exists. It was the Fossett Store. The mill building closest to the bridge remains, having served various functions over the years. The bridge washed out in 1938 and was rebuilt of concrete to the far side of the mill. The white structure in the center no longer remains. At the top right, the corner of the Odd Fellows Block, a large square building at the west end of the common that burned in 2004, is visible. Note the horse-drawn vehicle used to carry hay or barrels or other large items.
Dave & Suzy Shaub
Union Historical Society