This photograph shows some ledges on the west side of Camden Harbor, probably about where Bay Road is located today.
Posts by :
The photo shows the Camden Shipbuilding & Marine Railways Co., property, which is now the location of Wayfarer Marine Co.
This photograph is a close up of the east side of Camden Harbor and the inner harbor before it was busy with windjammers and yachts.
“Where the mountains meet the sea” has been Camden’s motto for many years.
This is a view from Chestnut Street, over the roof tops of Bayview Street, of the inner harbor.
This is a view of Camden c. 1904. Eaton Field is visible on the extreme left closest to the shore.
The nationally known Camden Amphitheatre is located on the grounds of the Camden Public Library.
In 1901 Ruth Barrett Ordway converted a large farmhouse to a first class summer accommodation at the top of High Street.
Turnpike Road, also known as Turnpike Drive, is located between the base of Mt. Megunticook and the edge of Megunticook Lake.
This photo shows downtown Camden viewed from the corner of Main Street and Atlantic Avenue. Horse carriages are visible on the dirt street as well as trolley tracks.
At the heart of the original town of Appleton, at the junction of the Burkettville Road (now Route 105) and Collinstown Road, was the once-busy village of Burkettville.
This view of Appleton Village looking east was taken from the lawn of the Fergus McLain House on Sennebec Road after one of the original wooden spans of the bridge was replaced by steel.
This is a view looking south on Elm Street into Appleton Village. On the left is the Odd Fellows Hall, now a private residence.
This is a view north along Elm Street, which is now the Searsmont Road portion of Route 131.
The Oakes Mansion on Appleton Ridge, high above the village of McClain’s Mills (today’s Appleton Village), was constructed in 1896 in the shingle style by Francis Oakes
This photo shows McClain’s Mills, now Appleton Village, looking east from the head of Sennebec Road and Elm Street and Town Hall Road.