This location was also known as Smith’s Mills and Meservey’s Mills, among other names, depending upon the owner at the time.
Posts by :
This building, still standing in North Appleton where Route 105 crosses the St. George’s River, was the general store and post office.
LaForest P. True’s Canning Factory was founded in 1882. It occupied the site where John Athern’s store originally sat, with Hatchet Mountain beyond.