Although these three schooners have been tied up for the winter in Camden next to what is now Wayfarer Marine, and are ice-bound, some sails have yet to be taken ashore.
Posts by Matt Wheeler:
The yard crew guides the three-master Edward R. Smith onto Snow’s big railway for caulking and painting on the first day of June, 1940. This 565-ton schooner was built in 1911 in Phippsburg. Catalog Number LB2008.15.25
Carl Beckman’s 79’ dragger slides overboard September, 16th, 1939. Four months later, Clyson Coffin’s 110’ dragger, now in frame beyond Pelican, will be christened as the St. George.
As paper mills were established at Rumford Falls in the 1890s, many workers and their families settled in Ridlonville in the adjacent town of Mexico.
Automobiles are quite visible in this view of Main Street in Brownville Junction
With the exception of A.O. Goss’s general store at the left, small wooden shops line both sides of Deer Isle’s Main Street in this pre-World War I photograph.
Main Street or Main Road on Big Cranberry Island shows the rural nature of the island
In nearly a century since this photograph was taken, the trees lining Searsport’s Main Street have disappeared
Dating from about 1920, this view of upper Main Street in Belfast terminates at the public square
Saco and its twin city of Biddeford were among the first Maine communities to become large-scale textile manufacturing centers
Of the three commercial buildings in the center of this view of Norway’s Main Street in the 1920s, only the Knights of Pythias Hall at the left now stands.
This circa 1910 view of Main Street, Bar Harbor, captures the appearance of the commercial district of one of America’s leading Victorian summer resorts
The automotive age of the 1920s is much in evidence in this view of Main Street in the Washington County lumber town of Princeton.
Commercial and residential properties were comfortably integrated along Limerick’s picturesque tree-lined Main Street.
At a prominent intersection along East Wilton’s quiet Main Street stands H.H. Johnson’s general store.
The magnificent elms which merged to form a leafy arch across Thomaston’s broad Main Street