Brunswick has one of Maine’s broadest main streets. Here at the corner of Pleasant Street is the Lemont Block of 1870, still in use today. The tower belongs to the 1883-84 brick Queen Anne style town hall, which was designed by Francis H. Fassett and John Calvin Stevens of Portland. This grand civic building was later destroyed for commercial development on Main Street.

Catalog Number LB2007.1.114515