“Where the mountains meet the sea” has been Camden’s motto for many years. There are only two places on the East Coast that can claim this: Camden and Bar Harbor, Maine. Camden’s two mountains shown in the background are Mt. Battie and Mt. Megunticook . The sea is Camden’s outer harbor, shown here with fewer houses near the shore than there are now. Bayview street is shown on the lower left of the picture. The Camden Yacht Club, shown as an insert, was built in 1926. There were once ten lime kilns on Bayview Street, and the Camden Yacht Club was built on property where the last two were located.
Camden Public Library