Here is more of Capt. Swift’s fleet, laid up along Camden Shipbuilding’s wharves for the winter. The Clinton has been fitted with deck houses for carrying passengers, but the Lois M. Candage has yet to shed her steering shelter (and maybe her engine), indicating that Swift bought her only recently.

The 23-ton Clinton was built in Millbridge in 1886; the Candage was rebuilt in Blue Hill in 1912 from the remains of the 1884 schooner Lizzie and Annie.

Catalog Number LB2008.15.47