This photo was taken at Marshalls Shore at the southwestern end of Lake St. George (also called Georges Lake). The area is still used for recreation and is now a Town Park maintained for the use of Liberty residents for swimming and picnicking. Marshalls Shore was named for James Marshall, who traveled from Ohio to settle here. He called it “the most beautiful spot in one-half of America” according to A Brief History of the Town of Liberty written in 1927.
Contributed by: Gail Philppi, Liberty Historical Society