This photo shows the Broad Cove Church on Pleasant Point Road. It was founded in 1855 as a non-denominational church. There was no fixed clergy, but anybody from whatever religious faith was free to preach there should he/she happen to be in the Cushing area. The belfry as
shown has since been enclosed. This church followed by one year the construction of the Cushing Baptist church, which is now the property of the Cushing Historical Society.
Cushing Historical Society