This store was built about 1925 by Guy Herrick Carver, Sr. It burned in 1930 as a result of an electrical fire. Guy and his wife, Susie Olive (Beal) Carver then built a home on the site of the store. Their house also housed the Beals Island Post Office in the back. Susie O. Carver was the postmaster until the position was taken over by her daughter, Mina C. Kent.
Caption information from Donald C. Woodard, President of Jonesport Historical Society, and students at the Beals School