This store was built about 1925 by Guy Herrick Carver, Sr. It burned in 1930 as a result of an electrical fire.
In 1870 Elder Josiah Ells, a missionary from the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Saints, came to Jonesport from Pennsylvania. He baptized five local people
The large home in this c. 1910 photo was built by Freeman Willis “Will” Beal and his wife Elizabeth Maria “Lizzie” (Alley) Beal in the mid 1880s. They were married on December 1, 1884. “Will” was the fifth child of Barnabas Coffin “Tall Barney” Beal and Phebe Ann (Stanwood) Beal.