This 1936 photo shows the buildings constructed as temporary housing for the clerks, engineers, draftsmen, technicians, and laborers building the Passamaquoddy Tidal Power Project, the world’s largest tidal dam. The site was originally the George Rice farm, on the Old Toll Bridge Road and Route 190.
This photo shows a small section of Cony Park in the mid 1930s. The park was between Broad Cove and Deep Cove at the entrance to Shackford Head.
Capt. Black, “he with the mittens”, caught this 62 lb. cod
“A real daughter of the sea.” Mrs. Mitchell “was brought up on the salt water
Eastport photojournalist Fred Milliken must have worked with a retired fisherman for this photograph. Catalog Number LB1995.72.213
Herring fishermen with a dory filled with herring, probably taken in Eastport about 1935 by Alfred Elden. Catalog Number LB1995.72.155