The water tower was located on Harbor Road just about where Cottage Road is now. It was built in 1925 by Elmer E. Jameson and supplied water to the town.
The group of men are building a sidewalk circa 1913. The Advent Parsonage and the Baptist Church Steeple are on the left, and the Methodist Church is on the right.
This photo shows a crew building a cement sidewalk circa 1913. Buildings owning to the Mortons had to be moved to accommodate it.
Several stores were located at the corner of Salt Pond Road and Cushing Road, known as Daggett Corners. The first one, established in 1878, was run by Capt. Josiah Daggett.
This store was on Salt Pond Road at its intersection with Cushing Road (Route 97). It was established by the Ornes after Cook’s store, across the road, went out of business.
The Corner School was located across from the Advent Christian Church. It had two floors. The lower floor was used for the primary grades, one to five.
The photo shows Winchenpaw’s General Store with a gas pump in front.
We know that this picture must have been taken in 1929 or later as that is the year that Hartwell Davis’ Garage was built.
In 1928 Charlie and Ida Stanger purchased the wharf from Jameson and Wotton.
This school house, built in 1851, was made from brick unlike the wooden ones built earlier. The wooden schools could be moved to accommodate the most number of students.
The house was originally built circa 1850 by Seward Poland III. The Polands came from England in 1642 and settled in Lynn, Massachusetts.