This building, still used as a Grange Hall, was built in 1908. Austin Davis headed the building crew, who hewed the sills by hand.
Treasure Point has long been one of the choicest spots in Knox County. Trees now cover the property, but the area called “Waldo’s Reserve,” on early maps, used to have open fields and long views along the St. George River toward Thomaston.
A 4-ton, 20-foot killer whale became stranded at low tide in a cove leading from Blueberry Creek in the south end of Tenants Harbor on December 15, 1956.
The building was initially a nineteenth-century sail loft, part of a working boatyard. Occasional town meetings were held there as well as the village’s first Masonic gatherings.
The large house on the right belonged to George O’Brien in the mid-1800s.
This photograph shows the most densely populated area of Port Clyde.
The Ocean House is believed to have been built in the 1830s as a rooming house for mariners.
This building was built in the 1890s by the three Brennan brothers, John, James,and William, who were in the fish business.
This is “Fish Cove,” named for Joseph Fish, a carpenter from Waldoboro who came over from Waldoboro.
This view shows Route 131 as it enters the village. The second building on the right is the Ocean House, a popular lodging facility that began business in the 1850s.
The view over a stone wall toward the water shows the ball field in Tenants Harbor, on the road to Port Clyde, about 1950.
The board sidewalk is long gone, and bushes and trees now eclipse this view of Martinsville. A man stands in the doorway of Georgie Pease’s house, an early house that was moved to the site.