This photo shows downtown Camden viewed from the corner of Main Street and Atlantic Avenue. Horse carriages are visible on the dirt street as well as trolley tracks. Some sidewalks are of wood ,and a wooden bridge spans the Megunticook River just before the falls. The electric lines are prominent.
The buildings are, from left to right: the Cleveland and West Variety store, near the lunch room sign: the Burd and Hodgman Block containing the Burd and Hosmer Shoe Store; the Arau Block with F.O. Clark, grocer; the Traveler’s Building,; and the Camden National Bank and Chestnut Street Baptist Church steeple in the background. On the right side of Main Street are: the Adams Block with the Wiley Bros. Market; the Cleveland Block, containing Williamson Jeweler; Worthing Millinery; the Russell Block with the Boston Store; the Masonic Block with Follansbee and Wood Dry Goods; and the Camden Masonic Temple and the Fletcher Block, built in 1893, with E.E. Boynton Apothecary. After the Fire of 1892, the new buildings were built of brick.
Camden Public Library