This photo shows a crew building a cement sidewalk circa 1913. Buildings owning to the Mortons had to be moved to accommodate it. The buildings along the sidewalk are George Benner’s house, which later was the post office; a store owned by Burt Morton (and in the 1920s by B.B. Jameson), and with George Collamore’s store, later the Masonic Hall. The house in the distance was at one time a hotel and livery.
Friendship Historical Society
(Info gathered by Celia Briggs with the help of her father Robert Lash, Jr.)