Two early 20th century business blocks sheathed in ornamental pressed tin dominate the main street of Mars Hill, an Aroostook County agricultural and lumbering town of 1500.

The building at the left housed the Mars Hill Trust Company and a clothing store.

The H. L. Hussey building with its distinctive clock tower accommodated Hussey’s general store.

George L. Mesker and Company of Evansville, Indiana was often the source for the decorative cladding used to dress up commercial buildings in small towns across America.

Catalog Number LB2007.1.102248