Of the three commercial buildings in the center of this view of Norway’s Main Street in the 1920s, only the Knights of Pythias Hall at the left now stands.
The large white block at Main and Greenleaf Streets housed George W. Hobbs’ variety store until 1913 when Hobbs’ son-in-law A.L. Clark opened his drug store there.
One of three Norway drug stores in the 1920s, the A.L. Clark Drug Company was a downtown fixture for a quarter century, closing in 1938.
Note the Coca-Cola signs in the windows, indicating the presence of a soda fountain.