The automotive age of the 1920s is much in evidence in this view of Main Street in the Washington County lumber town of Princeton.
At the center is the former livery stable converted into a garage with a curbside gas pump and a sign advertising Chevrolet sales and service.
Two more gas pumps appear in front of a general store at the left with a traffic signal marking an adjacent intersection.
Princeton’s post office at the right also housed Neil E. McCannell’s confectionary business, which opened in 1925. Here McCannell sold Fro-joy ice cream, Orange Kist soda, and his own bottled soft drinks.