The view over a stone wall toward the water shows the ball field in Tenants Harbor, on the road to Port Clyde, about 1950. From the 1920s into the 1940s Knox County town baseball teams in the Twilight League played there as well as in the other towns and on the islands. At one point the local team was called the St. George “Torpedos.” The original owners prohibited playing on Sundays.
The grandstand is gone, but it is still an active ball field. Every summer there is an “old timers” game that uses old rules.
Info provided by James Skoglund
St. George Historical Society