In 1928 Charlie and Ida Stanger purchased the wharf from Jameson and Wotton. In business since 1897, Jameson and Wotton had a steamboat landing and dry goods store and were traders of seafood. The wharf was the gateway to and from Friendship since roads were poor and steamboats were in their prime
In 1930 the Stengers open the Lobster Pot Restaurant. Lobster, clams, fish and scallops were cooked in many ways. Friendship residents enjoyed the tasty meals, which were usually followed by homemade blueberry pie. The restaurant remained open, only closing for a brief time during World War II, until it was sold in 1956 to Bernard Brow.
Friendship Historical Society