Penobscot Marine Museum seeks a Store Associate for the 2023 season, late June to late October. This position is likely the first person a Museum visitor meets, and is responsible for helping to create a wonderful and inviting visitor experience.
- Greet Museum visitors.
- Communicate with visitors what they can expect to see and help orient them to the campus and exhibits.
- Take reservations over the phone and in person.
- Promote the sale of admission tickets, Museum memberships, and store merchandise.
- Promote the sale of custom print orders; assist customers with the ordering process.
- Operate point of sale and cash register and tally daily sales.
Attend front-line staff meetings.
- Assist in maintaining a safe and welcoming museum campus.
- Assist in maintaining COVID19 protocols. This includes wearing a mask and regularly washing hands/using hand sanitizer regardless of vaccination history.
- Light cleaning and straightening of store merchandise.
- Assist in the creation of store displays.
- Assist with various fundraising initiatives as they relate to the store.
- Other administrative/operational duties as assigned.
Ideal candidates possess:
- retail or sales experience.
- previous point of sale experience, in particular, Square.
- ability to use an iPad.
- strong organizational skills.
- excellent communication skills.
- outstanding customer service and phone etiquette.
- attention to detail.
- the ability to solve problems independently.
- the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and manage several tasks simultaneously.
- reliability and professional appearance.
Wages and Benefits
- $15/hour paid biweekly.
- Accrued Maine Earned Paid Leave – 1 hour for every 40 hours worked.
- Family membership benefits to the Penobscot Marine Museum.
- Option to pay $75 for the premium membership which includes reciprocal membership for CAMM and NARM.
- Free admission to speaker series programs and other programming.
- 20% off in the gift shop.
This is a part-time, seasonal, position and does not include benefits. The work schedule is Sunday noon to 5:00pm, Monday and Tuesday 9:30am to 5:00pm. Other hours may be available. Applicants must be available the entire season.
To apply, email cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to Sabrina Kettell, External Relations Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to indicate which position you are applying for. Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted.