Lectures, Workshops, Events
For more information or to register for any of these programs, contact Jeana Ganskop, Education Director, at 207-548-2529 ext. 213 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This event has passed.
Fling into Fall Model Pumpkin Boat Competition
October 6, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm$5
Saturday, October 6th
$5 registration fee
Penobscot Marine Museum Crescent
The model boats in Penobscot Marine Museum’s temporary exhibit, “Sailing Small: Small Boats, Big Ideas” are made of many different materials from paper to plastic. We challenge you to make a model boat out of a Pumpkin! Bring your model pumpkin boat to the Penobscot Marine Museum on Saturday October 6th to compete. PMM staff will judge entries using a point system based on size, composition, creative use of pumpkin, overall look, ability to float, and speed. The winner will receive 50% of the proceeds and the other 50% will go to the Penobscot Marine Museum to help support programming like this!
Rules & Regulations
- A member of the gourd family (pumpkin, squash, cucumber, zucchini, melon, etc.) must be a key component of the model boat
- Must float
- Must be able to move from A to B without human contact (all boats will be timed to travel across our small pool)
- Must be under 12” tall by 12” wide by 12” deep
- Must pre-register by October 3rd
- All boats must arrive before 1pm on Saturday, October 6th. Judging begins at 1pm.
To register, call 207-548-2529 or email email@example.com.