Lectures, Workshops, Events
For more information or to register for any of these programs, contact Jeana Ganskop, Education Director, at 207-548-2529 ext. 213 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This programming has been made possible in part by the National Endowment for the Humanities: Exploring the human endeavor. Any views, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed in these programs, do not necessarily represent those of the National Endowment for the Humanities. Visit the National Endowment for the Humanities website here https://www.neh.gov.
- This event has passed.
Fling into Fall Model Pumpkin Boat Competition
October 6, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm$5
Saturday, October 6th
$5 registration fee
Penobscot Marine Museum Crescent
The model boats in Penobscot Marine Museum’s temporary exhibit, “Sailing Small: Small Boats, Big Ideas” are made of many different materials from paper to plastic. We challenge you to make a model boat out of a Pumpkin! Bring your model pumpkin boat to the Penobscot Marine Museum on Saturday October 6th to compete. PMM staff will judge entries using a point system based on size, composition, creative use of pumpkin, overall look, ability to float, and speed. The winner will receive 50% of the proceeds and the other 50% will go to the Penobscot Marine Museum to help support programming like this!
Rules & Regulations
- A member of the gourd family (pumpkin, squash, cucumber, zucchini, melon, etc.) must be a key component of the model boat
- Must float
- Must be able to move from A to B without human contact (all boats will be timed to travel across our small pool)
- Must be under 12” tall by 12” wide by 12” deep
- Must pre-register by October 3rd
- All boats must arrive before 1pm on Saturday, October 6th. Judging begins at 1pm.
To register, call 207-548-2529 or email email@example.com.