Museum Program Intern, Paid
The Penobscot Marine Museum seeks two programming interns for the 2017 season. This season’s exhibit explores our evolving fisheries: Human innovation and technology have proven to be too successful for the health of our fisheries and our local ecosystem. How did the happen and what do we do now? The interns will facilitate daily programming related to marine ecology, boat design and propulsion, fishing techniques and gear, and aquaponics.
Applicants pursuing undergraduate and graduate degrees in education, history, marine science and other related subjects are encouraged to apply. A secondary museum or archives internship project can be arranged between staff and intern. Position begins no later than June 15 and ends no earlier than August 15, with extension of internship subject to availability of applicant. Position requires intern to work 25 hours per week (three days a week plus every other Sunday afternoon). Intern housing available as needed.
Please contact Cipperly Good at email@example.com or 207-548-2529×212 with any questions. Submit Resume, Cover Letter and 3 References to Penobscot Marine Museum, P.O. Box 498, Searsport, ME 04974.
Marketing Intern, Unpaid
Penobscot Marine Museum is seeking an unpaid Marketing Intern with a particular interest in social media marketing. This position will have a flexible start and end date, and will require a minimum of 15 hours a week.
- Maintain, develop and grow PMM’s social media presence
- Development of social media posts for scheduled release for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Assist in the development of a social media strategy
- Keep press lists updated
- Assist in the creation of public relations packages surrounding different events or exhibits
- Assist in the development and implementation of a marketing plan
- Assist in the creation of press releases for events and exhibits
- Assist in the creation of printed materials
- Candidate must be enrolled as a student or be a recent graduate
- Working knowledge of current social media platforms
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a group
- Have strong problem solving skills
- An interest in history or maritime culture is a plus, but not required
To apply for this position, please send your resume along with three references to Sabrina Kettell, External Relations Director, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to P.O. Box 498, Searsport, ME 04974.