We at the Penobscot Marine Museum (PMM) look forward to delivering in-person programs for your organization at your venue! For the safety of our staff and your participants, PMM has put together the following policy:
- Penobscot Marine Museum will schedule off-site speaker presentations after July 1, 2021.
- For the safety of our staff, we reserve the option to switch to a remote program if the 7-day average of new COVID cases in Maine is above 20.
- The venue/organization agrees to require masks for unvaccinated attendees and is encouraged to distance the speaker and the audience and increase ventilation and airflow in the venue.
Thank you for your interest in a Penobscot Marine Museum presentation. We welcome the opportunity to share more information about our museum and pass along our knowledge of the maritime culture of the Penobscot Bay region and beyond. For more information or to schedule a presentation, please contact Jeana Ganskop, Education Director, at email@example.com or 207-548-2529 ext. 213.
Remote Presentations on Zoom
Penobscot Marine Museum is excited to offer Community Conversations and Formal Presentations through Zoom. Presentations taking place after May 29th, 2021 will be subject to the fee structure outlined below (with no mileage).
We offer two different types of presentations:
Community Conversations: Our staff can describe our work at the Penobscot Marine Museum, dig deeper into one of our signature collections, or share a series of photographs of your community. During the presentation, we welcome stories and insights from the audience to help us fill out the history and culture of your community and our region.
Fee: The cost for a Community Conversation presentation is a minimum of round-trip mileage at the federal rate ($0.575/mile in 2020). We welcome an additional honorarium to support our work.
Formal Presentations: Our Curatorial, Photo Archives, and Education Department staff members are experts in their fields and can speak more formally on a number of topics.
Fee: The cost for formal presentations is $100 ($50 for small non-profits and schools) plus round-trip mileage at the federal rate ($0.575/mile in 2020). Some programs may have additional materials costs. We welcome an additional honorarium to support our work.
Community Conversations Presentations:
- Penobscot Marine Museum: An Overview
- Penobscot Marine Museum Photo Archives: An Overview
- Kosti Comes Home: A Glimpse into the Black Star Collection
- The Eastern Illustrating & Publishing Company—with a focus on specific Maine towns and regions
- The Net Result: Our Evolving Fisheries and the National Fisherman Collection
- Maine in the China Trade
- Working the Penobscot Bay
- Maine’s Windjammers
- Women at Sea
- Through Her Lens: Women Photographers
- From Mission to Outreach: How a Museum Works