Job Description: Penobscot Marine Museum is seeking an Assistant Store Manager for the 2015 season, mid-May to late October. This position will handle daily museum operations including admissions, museum shop and membership sales, security, light housekeeping, and opening and closing the museum. The Assistant Store Manager will be the lead staff person on weekends working with museum interpreters to ensure the smooth operation of the museum, including answering questions, directing inquiries to the correct department and managing the security system.
Position Description and Responsibilities include:
- assist visitors
- sell admission tickets
- promote membership
- operate cash register
- provide general information about the museum to visitors
- straighten and refill merchandise
- light cleaning
Ideal candidates possess:
- excellent public speaking skills
- mature and outgoing personality; must love talking with people!
- ability to solve problems independently
- interest in education, history, or museums
- outstanding customer service skills
- ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and manage several tasks
- reliability and professional appearance
Previous experience in retail or customer service preferred. The position is part time seasonal and does not include benefits. The work schedule will vary in accordance with the program schedule and will include weekends and holidays.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references to, Assistant Store Manager Search, Penobscot Marine Museum, PO Box 498, Searsport, ME 04974 or via email to email@example.com.